Instructions to Install and Use ZOOM App
Download and Install
Sign-In / Sign-Up on ZOOM App
If you have GMAIL or Facebook account in your phone, use SIGN IN option. Otherwise, use SIGN UP option. Follow the below steps accordingly:
SIGN In Option:
1. Click on Sign In
2. Choose Google(for Gmail) or Facebook
3. Give Permissions(if asked by app) and you will be automatically Signed In to Zoom App.
SIGN Up Option:
1. Click on Sign Up.
2. Select your Date of Birth(to verify your age).
3. Enter your Email ID(Verification email will be sent here by Zoom App).
4. Enter First and Last Name.
5. Click on “I agree to the terms and conditions” button.
6. Click Next (on top-right).
7. Now, open your Gmail and in Zoom email, click on Activate Account.
8. Now create new Password by entering it twice
9. Click Continue.
10. Now you have successfully created Zoom Account.
11. Open your Zoom App and click Sign In.
12. Enter your Gmail ID and Password (created in Step 8) and Click Sign In.
Now you have been Signed-In to Zoom App and are ready to start a meeting(Online Classroom).
Start Meeting(Online Classroom)
1. Click “Meetings” Tab(at the bottom)
2. Click on “Send Invitations”
3. Click on “Copy to Clipboard” to copy invitation link having Meeting ID and Password.
4. Open your Whatsapp and paste link on your Class’s Whatsapp Group. You can also share this link using SMS.
5. Go Back to Zoom App and again Click on Meeting(at the bottom)
6. Click on “Start” to begin your class
7. Give permissions to Zoom App for Audio and Video(if asked)
8. Now you can see that meeting has started.
a. At Top: Meeting ID and Password are visible
b. At Bottom: Following options are available:
i. Unmute: Click here to enable your voice
ii. Start Video: Click here if you want students to see you (Camera turns ON)
iii. Share: Allows you to share Images, Documents, your phone screen,
White Board etc.
Joining the Meeting(Online Classroom)
Method 1: Using Meeting Link directly (Given on Whatsapp by teacher)
1. Open Whatsapp
2. Click on Zoom App Link shared by Teacher(Zoom App should be installed in your phone. If not, follow the instructions mentioned above)
3. Enter your name(if asked)
4. You have successfully joined the meeting.
5. Give permissions to Zoom App for Audio and Video(if asked)
6. Click on “Join Audio” and “Start Video” (at the bottom)
Method 2: Using Meeting ID and Password only (without link)
1. Open Zoom App
2. Click on “Join”
3. Enter Meeting ID and Click “Join Meeting”
4. Enter Password. Click OK.
5. You have successfully joined the meeting.
6. Give permissions to Zoom App for Audio and Video(if asked)
7. Click on “Join Audio” and “Start Video” (at the bottom)
Students must stay on Mute(Click on Mute button at the bottom) and Unmute only when you wish to ask questions.
Follow the images below to understand Sign-In, Sign-Up and Zoom App usage procedure.
Send Invitation to students to join a new Meeting:
Now open Whatsapp and paste the link on your class’s Whatsapp group.
Start your Online Class
I hope you found this information useful. See you next time!